Alice in Wonderland

Thursday, March 24, 2005

As Destiny Must have Its Way

With the exams over one has plenty of time to catch up with friends. After the chemistry exam we (ie Anchal , Akanksha , Ahona , Shubs n me) all decided to go to CP. While in the car, we were discussing the interesting hangouts at the place . I suggested that we must eat at an interesting place…that is …. Big Chills. Their food and the deserts are just awesome.

Of course the rest of my friends (Anchal n Akanksha who were already at CP) had other plans… that is Bercos ,CP.that would save them traveling time since we had decided to hang around at Jan path . However I truly believe that if u really want something u must work for it and u will definitely get it ….a man makes his own destiny…even a woman …so I resolved to convince them on the subject. Of course I did. Infact I was quite impressed by my marketing skills. We finally setoff towards the place. And as u may guess, I did not remember where the place exactly was. We found it in15minutes (thanks to my perseverance and sense of direction. …trust my words) . Well…guess what?? it was Waiting ….50 minutes .

“CHADHAAAA”

I knew I was DEAD ….ah …the rest of the evening …well no….about an hour or so ….i was boycotted ….i was not allowed to speak or give any suggestions …uh we didn’t go the bookshop too …and i was reminded of ‘The Rime of the Ancient Mariner'.
haah lifes funny ....at times one thinks that it takes revenge upon u ...trying to prove u wrong ....hey but thats what makesit interesting ...the challenges ,the successes , the failures...and as one of my acquaintances constantly declares, "such is life".

8 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Karan said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Karan said…

    If you go for big names, all you get is Waiting Lists.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger mridu said…

    oh not only that ...u get huge bills too

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Smita said…

    i belive ur acquaintance declares, "ah well...such is life" and its the big chill not big chils!!but yay!!cool ur blogging too!!!

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger AJ said…

    Its nice to see your blog and ya..the whole day we spent out was simply great even though it didn't really turn out the way we'd wanted to.But I must admit that Big Chill seemed to be a really good place so you weren't wrong about it.Though I wonder how Fire is?(the one you started about on our way to Bercos)
    I also had to remind you something...my SLAMSHEET. I believe you've filled it already.Send it through Anubha next Monday coz I dunno when we'll be able to meet again.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger mridu said…

    hey i was ranting about 'fa yan'...actually somethin of that sort .its a chinese name . and its a lovely chinese restuarant .
    uh and my acquaintance does not say " ah ...such is life " ....nyope he says " such is life" only.
    i'll send ur slam ....just remind me thru an sms.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Akshay Sehgal said…

    hey..atleast giv me the credit for creating this blog for u!!

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Half Moon Fletcher said…

    mridu

    i could say, deliberate, but a very nice chioce of words\phrases.

    And your taste buds are lined up for good, too.
    And so are mine (If u see that BIG belly of mine, and i remember that 'BIG' remark about it.)

    it is not just this 'big chill(s)'
    but whatever you write exudes some niceness bout it. a certain tinge of supposed humour or very serious thinking.

    P.S. - THINK OF GIVING ME, TOO, A GOOD LENGTHY AND SATISFYING COMMENT ON MY BLOG.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home