Alice in Wonderland

Saturday, February 25, 2006

20 random things about myself.... finally!!

Hey its been a long time since I’ve posted just about anything but its time I started becoming regular… once a week at least!!

Sorry anchal , shubs… here goes your tag>>>

So well… am supposed to tell you 20 random things about myself….

1) Now I think you’ve already guessed the first one… yehh I start off with the negatives… its better to give a ‘good last impression’…. Now I can always try… So the foremost thing, which I would like to talk about, and which I would like to overcome too… is my IRRESPONSIBILITY!!! I’m one of the most irresponsible people in this world… the reason?? Well… I don’t have either the time… or even if I do and I really wanna do a thing…. I forget about it at ‘the moment’… and there I am … fed up of my stupidity!!

2) The second thing- I am hopelessly lost! This is what my friends tell me. I am told that I am lost in my own world…what exactly that world is…. I myself have no clue. But yeah… I am generally thinking of another place and another moment at a certain place, at a certain moment. So if you catch me unresponsive to your cries of calling… blame it on the unavoidable temptations of that illusory world! Though yeah… I can share a few of those wild dreams of mine which include business enterprises of all sorts… which benefit someone or the other in a certain way at least. Who and how, depends on what I’m enthusiastic about in that particular period (I was high on patriotism at a certain point of time… desperately wanted to contribute to the country’s GDP and help the poor people… & was so on airplanes at another)

3) I love chocolates. Yes that is bad. One puts on weight. And all that is just because of the momentary pleasure one seeks… nah- not fair. I think Hindu philosophy was quite right- ye sansar sab moh maya hai… hey theres one positive aspect to it though… I prefer dark chocs to milk ones… that means lesser sugar, see?

4) I am hopelessly slow. Akshay sehgal had to wait for half an hour extra… just watching me gulp bites of my sandwhich at subway… poor chap. Anyways… my slowness is more of a hindrance for me than for others. (I generally eat quickly… seriously)

5) I dislike assignments. Not because I dislike assignments per se, but coz I love researching. I research research and research. And by the time I am over with my research… the deadline for submission goes by. Of course that too has a silver lining to it… I get good results. (My slowness further compounds the situation though.)

6) I love going to the rest room. It’s my second abode. It quite irritates other people. But I think I’d rather not elaborate on this anymore.

7) I love eating out. That is bad coz I spend loads of money on food. But so what?? I need to sustain myself…

8) I find it tough to say no. I do it. But with this squirming sense, which makes the No appear even more rude n nasty, I think…

9) I say a ‘hi’ to almost anyone I meet … or know. That’s bad coz loads of people are quite discriminating with their greetings… and it’s not nice to not be given a reply to… remember that story we had in class 12- a certain someone’s malady (am 4gettin his name)?? I so identified with that guy. I have often said a ‘hi’ to a random passer by too… so you can imagine how acute my malady is…

10) Hey there are 10 more to go… this s unfair! Now I better start off with the salient aspects of my character… am sure u r wondering if there are any… (don’t worry… I’m racking my brains for the same)

11) Hey one more thing. I am scared of Abhinandan- our deb-soc president. The sight of him makes me quite stammer… that’s not good. But that’s not excessively bad either… coz I don’t look at him when I’m debating.

12) I don’t find it easy to praise myself. Hey now that is what is called ‘modesty’… and that is good… finally!! Though that quite puts the rest of the 8 points in jeopardy!

13) Nah don’t worry… here I come with the rest… I have a good voice. That is good coz even if I may not sing the song as well as it is originally sung- I am certainly not abused at when I sing.

14) I am a nice person. I insist upon that… coz that covers most of the moral qualities required of a person.

15) I enjoy walking and being with nature. That has twofold advantages. One- personal. I benefit my health by exercising and getting a breath of fresh air. Two- social service. I am a potential environmental activist.

16) I love learning new things. I love to know about different countries, cultures, technology, scientific phenomenon… just about anything. Its just pure fun.

17) I love visiting new places and seeing new things… a practical translation of what I last said. I wanna go and look at so many things in life and know about just about everything.

18) I love cleaning up things. It happens rarely. But when it does… things are spick n span and one can really ‘see the change’

19) I love helping people out – in any way possible. It quite makes me feel nice.

20) Here goes the last one… I love reading stories. That’s the best perhaps… coz I’m in English hons!!

21) This one was necessary- someday I’d love to write either an anthology of short sories or a couple of novels. It’s just an innate desire … and hopefully they shall be science fiction. I always wanted to pursue science… at least this ways I would remain connected to it… even if loosely.

18 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey mrids the blogs awsome and it talks all abt u !!! gud ppl wud know wat we guys r going thru .....lolzzz!!!!! u shud have expnded on ur rest room thing tho...its quiet a mystery for all for all ur frnzz !!!
    sabaa

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Varenya said…

    Waiting for the science fiction to come out soon...and ppl mridu definitely has a gud voice

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger mridu said…

    hehe... im all flattered! there's at least one advantage of doing these tag thingies! and nah... am not gonna expand bout the bogs... that is highly personal. and why shud abhinandan be affected?? am not blamin him for me bein afraid of him.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Akshay Sehgal said…

    yup..i still remember dat day..u pissed me off so much man ;-)!
    nd ya...she has a gud voice
    but u know i cud write those pts much better for u i think..coz i feel i know u better than wot u may know urself!! lol

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Like the title of your blog - Alice in Wonderland.
    :)

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey dids...must say a nice entry..baaki sab to vaise bakwaas hai..but this one reeeeeaaly brings out the truth...especially the loo one....i may elaborate on it though 4 ur frends...aftr all i c u goin to ur mandir all the time...hehe...im the ONLY eye witness in that field
    malika.....;)

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger mridu said…

    akshay: that credit goes to shubhra- not you. she's known me for 7 years now...

    malika chadha: you are a disgusting sis. anyways... whadya mean by you are the only eyewitness!!! excuse me!

    ss: who are you??

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Akshay Sehgal said…

    oh really..does shubhra knw the wierd ques u used to ask me before bio exams. does she know the person u sumtimes imagine me as..hint hint!!

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Akshay Sehgal said…

    oh really..does shubhra knw the wierd ques u used to ask me before bio exams. does she know the person u sumtimes imagine me as..hint hint!!

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tag well done babes! Proud of you..You finally woke from your slumber..
    20 things umm..glad to see that I knew almost all of them! except the last one though!
    anyways..keep writing ..
    bye!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger mridu said…

    ohk now akshay sehgal... i dont think u urself wud like shubhra to know what exactly i asked you be4 the bio exam. but since you are so keen to throw d challenge at me... well.. sorry to disappoint u... she does have a loose idea bout it... courtesy: malika chadha- she knows bout it!
    i can tell her properly... if u insist!
    n yeh... whadya mean by- 'the person u sumtimes imagine me as..'
    i dont imagine u as anythin.. apart from akshay sehgal... as much as i remember at least...

    n yehh anchal... the last one is a recent one. obviously concieved off only after i entered english hons.
    thanks anyways- shall keep posting now.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Varenya said…

    Whoa Shubz...feels like you would definitely be able to manage the tag on mridu's behalf...that was long...lol

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger mridu said…

    hmmm... shubs... thanks a million. btw i would love to come to australia... to eat the chocolalates obviously! and yeah... having a gf like u is much better than having a bf... certainly ... believe me on that! ah ... sorry andy... i know u are quite pissed now.
    hey i remember those days man... am waiting for you to come back to delhi... n come over to my house...
    challo ..till then ...take care

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger gwagoo said…

    whats wid the !--[if !supportLists]--8) !--[endif]-- before each of ur things u love.. is it some form of trojan code that would break open in our brains and dissolve whatever little there is in it, hence leavin only u for the post of world domination (trust me to come up with conspiracy theories)

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Akshay Sehgal said…

    hey..well i had no clue it ws shubhra who persuaded mridu to ask dose ques..dats new!!

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger mridu said…

    hehe akshay.. shubs just teasing u ... n u .... dumbo that u are... r so easily taken in...
    and gwaggooo... u are crazzy ... u may have all desires of conquering the world... i have noneof these intentions... hitler n stalin were pretty much enough to contribute their share of problems to it.... am pretty much happy trying to regulate my own small li'l world

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Shreyas said…

    nice write ups...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home